Applying Flex Asset Actions to IMP Assets
Dalet Flex can import IMF packages and export them to a variety of VFS locations. Additionally, it contributes new components to existing Flex IMP assets (that have been imported during previous import jobs). You have full control of the IMP life cycle, as shown in the diagram below:
Importing a complete or supplemental package:
- If no IMP asset is provided, Dalet Flex creates a package automatically.
- If a placeholder IMP asset has been created, it is converted into an IMP asset and the imported components are added to it.
- If an existing IMP asset is provided, new components are imported and added.
- The asset map and PKL are consumed and the metadata is stored in the IMP technical detail referenced objects.
- The CPL is consumed and the metadata is stored in the IMP technical detail referenced objects.
- Flex sequences with referenced media are created. These are then added to the CPL (through the composition asset track and asset track).
IMP and CPL Actions
The IMP and CPL actions do the following:
- Add members to an IMP, including adding new components to an IMP asset.
- Add a Flex asset (such as media, subtitles and images) to an existing IMP asset.
- Remove members from an IMP.
- Create IMP placeholders. You can create a placeholder IMP asset in Dalet Flex and then import a package on top of this placeholder using the Import IMP action.
Currently there are two IMP actions: