Expression in configuration parameters
JEF Action Configuration parameters support expressions. The complete Spring syntax available in Flex Enterprise is supported.
For example, the following expressions are supported:
- Expressions are usually resolved to the original configuration parameter type (e.g enum, Integer, Date…).
- For built-in FlexObject (along with Asset, User…) classes, only the id is returned. The plugin developer must fetch other fields from the Flex Enterprise REST API.
- Other values will default to String.
- The `getObjectByTag()` example is specifically used with Resource Tags to select dynamically a resource from action configuration.
Locking objects on job execution
JEF supports full Lock feature set. Action plugins can be configured to run in one of the following modes:
- LockType.SHARED: other jobs can use the object (e.g. asset) while this job is executing. Multiple jobs can run using this object in SHARED status.
- LockType.EXCLUSIVE: no other job can use the object while this job is executing.
- LockType.NONE: no lock is required to run this job. This is the default if no lockType is configured.