In this section we will look at the basic navigational concepts found in the Dalet Flex Console. By familiarising yourself with the navigation, you will be able to use Dalet Flex more productively.
Dalet Flex supports fine-grained access control, this means that what you can see and do in Dalet Flex is governed by the role that you are assigned and the permissions allocated to those roles. This also means that all users and objects belong to a single account.
The Toolbar is located on the right-hand side of the screen, and is visible no matter which dashboard you are viewing. Some of the options on the toolbar will change depending on which dashboard you are currently in. For example if you are in the Jobs dashboard, you will see the Asset Basket, Trash Bin, and Asset Search field on the toolbar.
A) New: The New drop down gives you the options to create new objects such as accounts, assets, resources, and users.
B) Upload: When you click Upload the Web Uploader will open in a new tab, where you can upload assets to Dalet Flex in the following ways:
- By dragging files straight from your computer into the upload area.
- By clicking the Upload option, and manually browsing to the file
C) Events: Here you can search for events found in your account. You can specify certain search criteria using the filters, and you can save the search if you want to use it again in the future.
D) System Summary: Here you will be able to see an overall summary of the assets, players, tasks, jobs, workflows, and resources you have in the system, with details such as their current status. For example, you will see the total number of workflows in your account, as well as how many are running, failed, canceled, cancelling, and completed.
E) Shortcuts: If you create a shortcut to a specific object, it will appear in the Shortcuts list on the toolbar. Shortcuts can be assigned to any object within Dalet Flex to help you "bookmark" objects in the system that you want to access quickly.
- To create a shortcut, navigate to an existing object, and select the Add Shortcut option in the top-right corner of the Object Details section.
- To remove a shortcut, simply select the added option in the top-right corner of the Object Details section.
F) Following: Here you can quickly access any items you are following. You can follow objects that exist within Dalet Flex. Once you are following an object (for example an asset) you will be notified when changes are made to it.
- To follow an object, simply navigate to the object, and click Follow in the top-right of the Object Details section.
- To unfollow an object, simply click the Following option in the top-right of corner of the Object Details section.
G) Saved Searches: You can save any searches that you have made in Dalet Flex. Once you've saved a search, you will be able to access it via the Saved Searches list on the toolbar.
- Below you can see an example of a search for assets with the word 'Video' in the title, as well as how it would look when the search has been saved to the toolbar.
H) Recent Items: The Recent Items option will show you the last 30 items that you have accessed. These items will appear in reverse chronological order. By clicking on one of the items in the list, you will be taken directly to the Object Details section for that object. You can also see an overview of the item, by wiping over the item in the list.