In this section we will focus on reports. In particular we will look at:
- Generating a report
- Different report types
Generating a Report
Reports can be generated in two ways:
Search reports are used to format the output of search results in PDF or Excel. If a report definition has been created for a particular object type, then the PDF and Excel button will appear above the search results, next to the Saved Search button. Clicking on the PDF or Excel button will generate a report that can be downloaded.
General reports are available in the Reports box on dashboards in the Dalet Flex console.
Clicking on a report will present a pop-up. The fields available are governed by the type of report. For example, for reports with a time axis, you will be presented with a start and end date field. You may also be offered other fields for the purposes of drilling down or aggregating results. The image below shows the options pop-up for generating a storage report.
Once you have selected your field options, simply click on PDF or Excel to define the output format. Once you've done this, your web browser will begin downloading the output file.
Different Report Types
Dalet Flex currently supports the following report types:
- Asset search report
- Workflow search report
- Job search report
- Task search report
- Manage users search report
- Manage groups search report
- Event search report
- Storage usage report
- Error and warning report
- Media delivery report
- Transferred data report
Report Definition Object Properties
|Scope||Account||The scoping of this object|
|Visibility||Whether the object supports visibility|
|Extended Config.||Whether the object has an extended configuration tab|
|Scripting||Whether the object can be configured using scripting|
|Enable / Disable||Whether the object can be enabled and disabled|
|Start / Stop||Whether the object can be started and stopped|
|Copy||Whether the object can be copied|
|Export / Import||Whether the object can be exported and imported|
|Delete||Whether the object can be deleted|
|Unique Name||Whether the object name must be unique within its scope|
|Variants||Whether the object supports variants|
Designing Report Templates
Dalet Flex supports Jasper report templates. These must be zipped with all the needed resources in order to generate a report based on one specific report definition and the available formats (PDF, DOC, Excel, etc.). In order to simplify the design of a report template, you can use Jaspersoft Studio Community Edition, an open source tool that enables you to manage your requirements in an easy way, avoiding the need to add the XML template manually.
You must keep in mind the type of report you want to design and the available fields based on that.
The Jasper template file must contain the .jasper template, and any other suitable resources, e.g. images. The zip file name and the jasper template file name must match.
Creating a New Report Definition
- On the toolbar, click New and select Report Definition from the drop down menu.
- In the Create new Report Definition section, complete the following fields:
- Name: enter a name for your report definition
- Description: enter an optional description for your report definition
- Visibility: select a visibility for your report definition
- Report Type: select a report type from the drop down menu
- Jasper File Template: click the Choose File button, and upload the Jasper template for your report
- Plugin: select a plugin from the drop down menu
- Run-Rule Expression: enter a run-rule expression, if applicable.
- Once you're happy with your settings, click Save to finalise.