You can control the visibility of all the available JEF plugins you have created in Dalet Flex Enterprise. With Plugin Scope, you can decide whether an ActionExecutor plugin is available to Dalet Flex users.
A standard life cycle of a JEF action plugin could be as follows:
- Developers are free to change to any state in any release.
- We recommend that only the `ActionPlugin.version` string be changed when altering the `PluginScope`, keeping the same `ActionPlugin.uuid` number.
- Any action plugin that has been configured as “Obsolete” will not execute in JEF. These plugins will be visible in Dalet Flex Enterprise if the level is configured: however, they will not execute successfully.
How Does Enterprise Use the ScopePlugin Configured Visibility?
A pluginScope variable present in consul properties is used to define the level configured for the site.
- Release Level: The “Release" level hides all actions that are: in development, obsolete, or deprecated. However, those that are released will be shown.
- Development Level: The “Development” level hides all actions that are obsolete or deprecated, but shows those in development and those that are released.
- Deprecated Level: The “Deprecated” level hides all actions that are obsolete, but shows those that are deprecated, in development, and released.
- Obsolete Level: The “Obsolete” level will show all. Please keep in mind that obsolete actions cannot execute.
Each time a new version of an action plugin is deployed to Dalet Flex Enterprise, the visibility scope is automatically updated. There is no need to restart Dalet Flex Enterprise.