A Type is a custom defined type of asset that is declared from one of the base object types in Dalet Flex. In a Dalet Flex account, you can use multiple types to reference many different sorts of assets. Each type can have different metadatada definitions assigned to it and this allows you to catalog media and describe items in a precise way since each can have its own set of metadata.
Dalet Flex supports media and image assets. This means that in Dalet Flex you can create, update and search for media and image assets. But you may want to create a new more specific object type and to assign different data fields to your more specific type. For example, you can use the media asset base object type to create types such as audio, video, trailer, music, jingle, commercial where each type is associated to a different metadata definition.
This table shows base object types and examples of types you could create.
BASE OBJECT TYPE
TYPE (examples of account specified asset types)
AUDIO, VIDEO, MOVIE, COMMERCIAL, MUSIC, FX
IMAGE, BCKGROUND, FULL-SCREEN, GFX
REPORT, CONF, BIO, OBIT
ST-SPAN, ST-ENG, ST-FR
Types can also be useful to:
- Filter objects quickly in the Asset Results in FlexMAM
- Act as criteria to include or exclude objects in system workflows
- Permit a specific set of markers to log content
- Use as criteria to implement user rights
When creating a type, you should do the following:
- Select the Dalet Flex object type you want to base your type on (such as a media asset)
- Create a name for your type (e.g. Trailer)
- Supply an optional metadata schema to help describe properties of your type
To create a type:
- In Metadata Designer, in the Type option, click the icon.
- In the Create Type pop-up, enter the details for the type:
- Name: Enter a name
- Visibility: From the drop down list, set the visibility for the type (optional)
- Object Type: Select a type from the drop down menu.
- Metadata Schema: Associate an existing metadata definition with the type (optional)
- Default Type: Tick the checkbox to make this the default type used for assets of this base object type created in your account
- Click Create; the Type is added to the Type screen in the correct base object section.