Ooyala is excited to present the September 2019 release of Ooyala Flex Media Platform, 2019.9.0.
This release of Ooyala Flex Media Platform provides the new features, quality enhancements, fixes, and other changes listed below.
- ELK upgrade
- Filebeat collecting of Docker console logs
- Filebeat upgrade
- Docker upgrade and logging reconfiguration
- Disabled auto-creation of indices in ElasticSearch
- Upgraded MariaDB to 10.3.x for deployments of 2019.9.0 onwards
- Check the health status from consul API rather than running docker command
New Features and Enhancements
- Flex Authentication Service - Upgraded to Spring boot 2
- Added support for GCS in Publish Service
- Updated Task Summary to use Data Aggregation
- Business intelligence event handler plugin is no longer supported
- Implemented searchable metadata fields belonging to a single MD definition
- Versions of all running services and apps are now discoverable
- Spring Boot microservices: when running in a container, log to Docker console in JSON format
- Make secretsServiceEnabled value to true by default
- Web Transfer now supports configuring a storage resource against GCS, S3 and Azure
- Metadata Designer: Variable renaming functionality now accepts white spaces
Index Elastic Service
- Added Re-index Status to API
Flex MAM Application
- Upgraded legacy MAM to use a more recent version of Spring Boot 1.5
- Flex Enterprise – Fixed an issue where Proxy is assigned to Metadata Review Task Instead of Parent Asset
- Flex Enterprise - Fixed an issue where Series UDO objects could not be listed
- Flex Index Elastic Service - Full Reindex batch operation silently exits
- Flex Publish Service – Fixed an issue where publish jobs would fail after 2019.7 upgrade
- Flex Web Transfer Application - Web-Transfer – Fixed an issue where 10 GB File Upload was not working on GCP Environment
- Flex MAM - Fixed an issue where incorrect task count appears in Flex MAM
- Flex MAM - Fixed an issue where Metadata text field does not pop up a readable field
A known issue in this release limits integration with 3rd party products including Ateme Titan FILE and AWS Elemental Server, this has since been resolved in Flex 2019.11.0, and later releases.
Please contact your Ooyala representative for the full upgrade notes, further information about this release, and the complete list of resolved issues.