Dalet is excited to present the release of Dalet Flex 2023.7.0.
This release of Dalet Flex provides the new features, quality and security enhancements, bug fixes, and other changes listed below.
Infrastructure for Flex-Brio integration: Live content recording and previewing
To enable support of recording live feeds in Dalet Brio and previewing the growing media in Dalet Flex, the following functionalities have been implemented:
- Hot Folder supports watching growing (live) assets recorded by Dalet Brio. It supports both growing MXF files and dynamic MPEG-DASH files. These growing files can be identified in Flex by the asset live property set to true while the recording is in progress.
- To enable the e2e integration between Dalet Brio and Dalet Flex, the dedicated "Prepare Import from Brio Live Recording" workflow containing a single Groovy script that bundles the integration must be deployed. This workflow processes Dalet Brio recording files using a proprietary integration protocol between Flex/Brio. Both Dalet Brio scheduled recording and Brio while scenarios are supported. High Res and proxy recordings can be imported simultaneously if configured in Dalet Brio.
Removed old Deprecated Enterprise Actions
The following Enterprise Actions were deprecated a few years back and are no longer available:
- Azure Stream Publish
- Azure Stream Unpublish
- Launch Vantage Workflow
- Vantage Workflow Wait
- Vantage Workflow Resource
- Vantage Package Resource
NOTE: If you have any of these actions or resources you should remove them and recreate them using the latest versions (i.e. using the equivalent JEF plugin) before upgrading to 2023.7.0. Please contact your Flex representative for any questions.
Rendering Flex Cut Projects in Dalet Flex
You can render Flex Cut projects in Dalet Flex to create media files using the Conform plugin added to the Transcode plugin type. This new Conform Plugin has the usual configuration parameters. This action has these additional options:
- Render as proxy. The generated media file will be added as PROXY of the Flex Edit input (optional)
- Boolean to reconcile referenced source assetIds. This will get all existing assets as children of the Flex Edit input (optional).
Flex Cut Edit assets can be produced using the Flex Cut plugin when using the export option in Dalet Cut.
Updates to the Dalet Flex Configuration Manager (flex-cm)
From this version, customers will be able to use flex-cm in specific scenarios to migrate configuration between Flex environments.
flex-cm can be used to pull configurations from one environment, the source, store in flex-cm file repository and deploy those configurations on a new target environment. Configuration management in Flex could lead to complex dependency graphs, relations between configurations (e.g. Actions, Resources...) and user/account references. Also, different environments might need different configuration setups, (for example, a different Storage Resource can be referenced via Tags instead of a direct setting in configuration params). flex-cm can help you to manage the promotion of configurations but users need to understand and control the specific relation among configurations.
Recent updates on this release for flex-cm are:
- Improved flexibility on configuration dependency on flex-cm commit (e.g. Account Storage, Storage Resource, Actions and their dependent configuration objects)
- Improved messages
- Support of Tag Collections
Reconcile unmanaged assets
The Reconcile UnManaged Asset under the Reimport Action allows you to associate a given Storage Resource to the Unmanaged assets and convert them into Managed Assets . This action supports matching Storage Resource with assets using subpath (as far as there is no active storage matching the subpath already). This action is not available by default as it requires coordinating with Professional Services before using it. By default, it is delivered as an obsolete action. Set KV flex/shared/flex-enterprise/featureToggles/enableObsoleteReconcileUnMamagedAsset to true to enable it.
Add label property to identify audio tracks for Mpeg-Dash
There is a new identifier label for identifying audio tracks. This means that all audio tracks are displayed in the Timeline.
- Job Context for JEF/Enterprise: JEF plugins, (including JEF scripts), now support ObjectVariable in job context variable and workflow context variable maps. Now all types supported by Flex Core can be used for JEF plugins: String, String List, MioObject, MioObjectList, MioObjectId, MioObject Id List, Date, Date List.
- NodeJS Rest & Enterprise Clients: if an Authorization is present in the context, ensure it is always propagated, and when calling Enterprise, target the associated account if known, rather than always targeting master.
- Added options in the Enterprise Permission UI to allow Role access to other Flex modules: Flex Core, Flex Admin, FlexMAM, FlexMOVE, FlexREVIEW, FlexTRACK, Metadata Designer. Note: Enforcement of these options will be implemented in a later release.
- SearchElastic API now allows the use of the offset parameter instead of page, for cases where users receive infinite scroll result instead of pagination. In the same way as the page parameter works, offset works in tandem with the limit parameter, e.g. if the offset is 0 and limit is 10, the first 10 results are returned.
- Added an SDK method to get annotation metadata in object form.
- Added support for legacy metadata field names following the addition of a full metadata path field to event data return by Rest API.
- Dalet Cut integrated with Dalet Flex: Added the Flex Cut Edit file, the basis of a Flex Cut editing project, and its corresponding REST object and asset to Enterprise API.
- Allow a tag to be created with a single character (for example: Japanese text).
- Add ability to get workflow variables from workflows other than the current workflow the script is running under via the SDK.
- Created a method for JEF SDK to retrieve the signed URL of a specific asset ID.
- Added API support to enable support searching users by User Type: Flex, External, Service. Search for User Type = System is not supported.
- Item number now returned for each item in a collection.
- Create flex-metering-tableau-publish-service.
- Extend readiness health endpoint of the flex-webtransfer-app to consider transfer resource state.
- Ensured gather sub-jobs are scheduled with high priority to prevent starvation by new chunks from other parent jobs scheduled in the same time.
- Disabled MP3 source file output truncation detection as the source duration is estimated from the file size.
- Provided a Consul KV, flex/flex-streamprocessor-service/enableLegacyImageOverlayLocation, to enable the legacy image overlay which bases location on the source instead of target frame size. As this is an unwanted behavior, only use this where reconfiguring image overlays is impossible.
- Enterprise now uses the Metadata Service by default.
Fixed Issues DaletFlex
- Fixed Flex REST API issue where user received an error where trying to destroy Actions, Timed Actions and Report Definitions.
- Fixed issue where external IDs of an asset or UDO could not be updated via the JEF SDK.
- Fixed issue where wizards were not displayed when run rule expression has asset attribute related checks.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to decrypt password metadata fields when Enterprise uses the metadata service.
- Add retry on Search operations if Elasticsearch returns a 429 error and return 429 if retry still fails instead of immediately failing the search.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to view the event details for metadata modified event type and an NPE was thrown.
- Fixed an issue where actions were failing by skipping setting WorkflowContextVariables (jobContextVariables?) with null options.
- Fixed an issue where resources ignored the group visibility when the owner account visibility was added by default. Issue resolved by not adding visibility for the owner account by default.
- Fixed an issue where when adding proxies to a package Export Action thew an error due to incorrect path naming.
- Fixed an issue where a Review Session Action could not be stopped using the Workflow sessionId variable.
- Fix discrepancy between fetching and setting of metadata date formats. Fixed by updating the fromJson method to accept which ever date format is specified in the metadata definition.
- Fixed an issue where a failed Rename action did not log the error, fixed by adding clear log messages.
- Fixed issue where technical metadata failed to extract for GXF video files.
- Fixed issue in Enterprise API where time fields return UTC when includeMetadata parameter is included.
- Fixed an issue where a send message action is marked as completed evethoiugh the message was not sent. Issue fixed by failing the respective workflow and job if the attachment mentioned in the send mail action is not available.
- Fixed an issue where searching a field is not working if the metadata definition and variant has been changed from the asset.
- Fixed an issue where unknown asset type is considered as a Media Asset instead of falling back to import action configuration.
- Fixed a file size caching issue where package assets did not have unique names for media files. Fixed by based cache on the full path.
- Fixed an issue where creating udo as a child of parent that has over 5k+ children is slow. Issue fixed by adding an option to create skip setting the default metadata instance when creating a child UDO with API script.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to set an asset as a child of another asset that is archived.
- Fixed an issue where if VFS proxy cache entry expires, then access to a valid location fails and this error is thrown `Truncated input file detected as output duration`. Issue fixed by updating the expiry every time the VFS proxy cache is accessed.
- Fixed an API conflict issue by not allowing the JEF SDK to create external IDs for Jobs.
- Resolved an issue where FSP deregisters from Consul and stops processing jobs. Issue resolved by ensuring FSP services are correctly reregistered every time the FSP container restarts.
- [FSP]: Fixed an issue where Create Proxy jobs with chunks were failing with this error Error: Job Manager:chunk sub-job failed with error: Cannot read properties of undefined. Issue fixed by changing the logic for assigning config info between sub jobs and parent jobs for chunk jobs.
- Fixed an issue where metadata merge fails on a UDO.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to send an API call to set timestampout value < timestamping value and no error message was thrown.
- Make master account entities visible in tenant accounts.
- Embed Flex top-bar on top of Dalet Cut. Flex logo and Profile icon to open profile panel are displayed in Dalet Cut when accessed from Dalet Flex.
- The call for updating Annotation Marker metadata contains a revision value, which resolves any conflict of users updating the same annotation concurrently.
- FlexREVIEW: New layout on the Image Manage page.
- FlexREVIEW: Hotkeys for Image Manage page.
- Improve the focus/unfocus behaviour of chip panels and dropdowns in search filters.
- Tag fields should start the typeahead search after typing only 1 character.
Fixed Issues FlexMAM
- Fixed an issue in the Image Manage page where the annotation + comment action area at the bottom of the screen are partially hidden.
- Fixed an intermittent where the user profile avatar is not displayed after a user clicks on it.
- Fixed an issue where FlexMAM suggests search results when the query is empty.
- Fixed an issue where the latest profile avator was not always displayed in FlexMAM after it had been changed.
- Fixed an issue where Timeline comments sort order is not displayed as per selected option [asc/desc].
- Fixed an issue in Asset Listing where a message is partially hidden for sequence when clicking more actions icon.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to create a collection with special characters in the collection name
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to create a template with only empty spaces in the name and without any characters.
- Fixed an issue where the profile picture is not visible in profile panel
- FlexREVIEW: Fixed an issue where images were not displayed in the image asset preview panel on the review listing page.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect UDO type name (udo name) was displayed in the instance creation pop up in FlexMAM.
- FlexREVIEW: Fixed an issue where the subtitle switcher is not available on the listing page and task manage page.
List of Services upgraded between 2023.6.0 (LTS) and 2023.7.0 (LTS)
For the new 2023.7.0 release, most services have changed.