Dalet is excited to present the release of Dalet Flex 2023.2.0.
This release of Dalet Flex provides the new features, quality and security enhancements, bug fixes, and other changes listed below.
Allow MariaDB port to be configured
Flex can now connect to MariaDB on a configurable port (default: 3306). All Flex services have been updated to work with the new port configuration. Port configuration is set using a Consul KV that is set by Ansible at install time.
- Bulk endpoint added to the Collection service to support retrieving information for more than 25 collections in FMP.
- JEF LaunchVantageWorkflow: Launch Vantage plugin now supports configuring the output files and asset type to be imported in Flex from Vantage Output response. User can configure the name of the Media file returned in Vantage Output response. If configured to Extract technical metadata on Output, all of them will be processed to update the Technical Metadata.
- Removed enterprise Vantage Workflow plugin from Enterprise.
- Delete comment on reviews added to GraphQL schema (depends on permissions: owner of the asset or permission to view all comments or switch account and workspace).
- Improved the behavior of image transcoding – if a job fails after completion, no unnecessary calls are made; and the job will not try to relaunch as it is no longer needed.
- Added image sequence support for *.J2C and *.JPC image formats.
- Support setting Relative/Absolute timecode for transcoding with clip creation using FSP.
- As part of the Vantage integration, vantage string variables are now sent to vantage in the order of the workflow variables. Variables with missing values are pushed down the list.
- Added support for AVIF (*.AV1) image format.
- JEF Timed Action with "Polling Time Period" configured with more than 20min were executing before reaching the configured deadline. This has been fixed.
- Dozer Mappers have been replaced with Mapstruct Mappers for these FastObject controllers: AssetController, ObjectController, TimelineController, UserDefinedObjectInstanceController
- Added the ability to set a Consul KV to disable the legacy behavior that added a system prefix to input/output files using a VFS location using a Local File system. By default the Consul KV, flex/flex-streamprocessor-service/enableLegacySysFolders is set to true and legacy behavior is retained. To override System Folder code paths, set the Consul KV to false.
- [DB Migration] Upgrade Flyway version from `5.2.4` to `9.14.1`to resolve incompatibility warnings between MariaDB and Flyway.
- Improve concurrent workflow scheduling logic for multi-tenant environments.
- Added transcoding support for raw MP3 format output.
- Improved the bitrate and codec extractions for DVCPro, DNXHD and AVC in MXF files.
- Added the ability to set a Consul KV to enable automatic conversion of unrecognized codec values in output profiles to COPY codec. This was previously enabled by default, disabled due to ambiguous behavior. The new default behavior is to fail jobs with unrecognized codec value. To re-enable automatic COPY codec, set flex/flex-streamprocessor-service/enableLegacyUseCopyIfCodecUnknown to true.
- Update default message templates so that links in password reset emails (and others) work if the user email addresses contain a + . Update default messages to Dalet Flex instead of Ooyala Flex.
- Simplified the launching of workflows regarding account workspace membership for improved behavior.
- Support Consul KV customisation of default chunking configuration using this Consul KV: flex/flex-streamprocessor-service/chunkDefaults.
Fixed Issues DaletFlex
- Fixed an issue with the Flex Media Processing Engine to allow a complex sequence scenario with audio channel mixing.
- Fixed an issue where CreateProxy/Transcode job fails for profile name "hls" when the Destination folder is sharded.
- Fixed an issue where the sequence plays wrong audio tracks.
- Fixed an issue where the extract keyframe/tiled keyframe action is failing with this error: "File does not exists” for sharded storage.
- Fixed an issue where errors were sent when FFP was polling a filename that had already been deleted and was not available.
- Spanned Media Asset: Fixed an issue where when extracting technical metadata from a Spanned Media Asset, the spannedMediaAsset Context was not being returned. Issue was fixed by ensuring that the file summary is sent to Enterprise regardless of the number of files in the spanned media asset.
- Fixed an issue where transcode segmented asset with output sharded request was failing to perform doGetAssetInfo on final stage.
- Fixed an issue where an API call to get assets with the parameter includeNoVariant=true was returning all the assets with variants.
- Collection service: Return collections for item when user only has write access. This ensures that shared collection membership is shown in the Relationship > Membership tab.
- Spanned Media Asset: Support rename support for spanned media assets with multiple files.
- PKCE: Fixed an issue where token generation and its usage flow is not consistent. Usability issues fixed by validating username against account hostname.
- Collection service: Fixed an issue where Collection retrieval query is very slow for larger datasets by refactoring the query.
- Fixed an issue where an LDAP user received an MFA request upon login. LDAP users do not require MFA.
- Fixed in issue where Metadata search in advanced search does not find any results unless assets had at least one value set.
- Fixed an issue where the YouTube publish action stopped working. Issue fixed by upgrading the Google api client version and the YouTube api version so they are compatible. Also fixed an issue where YouTube was not working after the YouTube publish action failed because an incorrect token was generated.
Simplified the logic for workspace checking to improve performance after an outage.
Fixed Issues FlexMAM
- Manage Page: Fixed an issue where selecting a clip displayed an invalid time selection.
- Fixed an issue where audio tracks were unsynced when pausing and jumping through a video.
- Manage Page: Fixed an issue where selecting the Filter icon in the Global Search bar was not working as expected.
- Fixed an issue where the Use term linked to a Thesaurus use term is not displayed in the Suggestion box.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to add a new record or delete a row from column layout complex metadata for 0.* multiplicity.
- The Duration object is not showing for audio asset in format info technical metadata.
- Description textbox in the Details tab is too small in the Summary Panel and in the Manage page.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling when the waveform, the audio track/label does not scroll along with it.
List of Services upgraded between 2022.12.0 (LTS) and 2023.2.0
For the new 2023.2.0 release, most services have changed.