Ooyala Flex 6.2.4 is a maintenance release to fix issues found in production.
Warning: All customers on Flex 6.2.X releases, including 6.2.0, 6.2.1, 22.214.171.124, 6.2.2, and 6.2.3 MUST upgrade to 6.2.4 due to the identification of an issue with the Metadata Merge Service.
Publish: Azure Smooth Stream Migration from Azure Access Control to Azure Active Directory
We have made changes to the Publish Azure Smooth Stream action. We have migrated from Azure Access Control to Azure Active Directory. This means that any existing instances of this action will need to be upgraded to support this change.
With this migration, we have also added the following new fields to the configuration for the Azure Smooth Stream action:
* Azure Tenant Domain
* Azure Media Service Rest Endpoint
* Azure Client ID
* Azure Client Key
* Storage Account Name
* Storage Account Key
Azure Transcode: New Configuration Options Added to Azure Transcode Resource
The previous set of configuration fields would not work with the new Azure Active Directory (AAD) system. So we have replaced the old Azure Transcode Resource configuration fields with new ones. The new fields are as follows:
* Transcode Engine
* Azure Media Service Tenant
* Azure Media Service REST Endpoint
* Azure AD Client ID
* Azure AD Client Key
Bad default value for "Bulk Metadata" radio button field
When users selected assets, added them into bulk metadata (some of which had a "Review Status" of "New" or "Approved") and then went to view the bulk metadata for a whole group, the default "Review Status" value selected was set to "New" even though only one of the assets was set to "New" and two had been set as "Approved".
When assets that were set as "Approved" were exclusively added into the "Bulk" group, the default value would show as "Approved". When assets that were set to “New” were then added to that same group, the default value would change to "New".
Resolution: The Ooyala Flex UI Library update did not set default values for fields which don’t have instance values if they contained multiple values. This issue has now been fixed.
Metadata Merge service is skipping metadata instances
The Metadata Merge service was not merging all of the metadata instances correctly.
Resolution: The paginated loading of objects to be merged wasn't running within a transaction, which meant the paging logic broke. In order to fix this, we have made changes to the transaction settings.
Some assets with subtitles fail to appear in searches
The Fast Object asset endpoint would not work correctly if a media asset had subtitles associated with it. The endpoint would fail to retrieve technical metadata associated with the asset.
It was also impossible to index assets with subtitles. This problem was associated with the Index Elastic service.
* Fast Object: The `SubtitleFileDetails` class was missing. This class holds the technical metadata for an asset. Without this class, the endpoint cannot retrieve the necessary technical metadata. We have added this missing class and it is now possible to return assets with technical metadata.
* Index Elastic: We have added a subtitle context model and made changes to the dozer configuration file in the Index Elastic service. It is now possible to index assets with subtitles.
Performance issue with increased workflow run time
There was an issue with a query that was running for a very long time, because the MYSQL query planner would choose the incorrect index for it.
Resolution: We have removed the join in the MIO_CONFIG table from the query. This will improve performance by hinting MYSQL to choose the correct index.
MAM: Unable to view image proxies
We have added a single character typeahead, in order to support the changing of the min gram setting to 1 (default is 2). The problem with this, is that this may cause performance issues as the number of assets increases.
Users can specify the min_gram value using a Consul Key Value, which overrides the default setting:
Metadata Merge fails when adding and moving a new child to a complex
Metadata Merge was failing when a new child was added to an existing complex variable, and then this complex variable was moved to new parent hierarchically.
Resolution: Metadata Merge was trying to add an instance of the newly added variable. This was because this newly added variable was a child of the parent which moved hierarchically. It was failing, because the definition didn’t include this new variable at that time. In order to fix this, we have decided not to add this instance in the code for this type of child, because it will be added when we add the new instance of the parent.