Ooyala Flex Media Platform 7.3.1 Release Notes 2019-02-26
Ooyala is excited to present the release of Ooyala Flex Media Platform 7.3.1. This release of Ooyala Flex Media Platform provides the new features, enhancements, fixes, and other changes listed below.
- A complete re-index will be required as part of the upgrade to this version, except for Flex variants and Flex collections.
New Features and Enhancements
Metadata - Search
- Sort on metadata values: We have added the functionality to sort dynamic metadata fields in Search.
- Support variants in FQL: We have added a dropdown list to enable searching by an available variant name.
General / Operational
- VFS Sharding: We have introduced the ability to enable automated VFS sharding for local FILE and AWS storage resources, to automatically separate files into sub-directories, mitigating maximum directory file limits, and improving performance. Further storage resources will be introduced in future Flex releases.
- Set account UUID on keyframe: We have added a method in the API to enter an account UUID on a keyframe.
- Login with SAML 2.0, new Login App: We now support a new unified Flex Login Application with enhanced SAML IdP routing, which replaces the old Flex Enterprise login screen. To reach the master account, for this release, instead of master.hostname, you must use masteraccount.hostname. For example, master.company.net now changes to masteraccount.company.net. This change does not affect API endpoints.
- Reduced upload chunk size: Flex Web Transfer default upload chunk size has been reduced from 10MB to 1MB to improve reliability for users on slow internet connections. The chunk size is now also configurable at system level.
Flex Stream Processor
- Flex Stream Processor now supports multiple audio streams: We have now added the enhanced functionality to process and output multiple audio streams present in the source media.
- Publish job resilience: In the event of a Publish job failure against multiple assets, those that have been published will be marked as published.
- Flex Publisher Indexer Service: Fixed an issue where UDO publish jobs failed due to lack of memory.
- Flex Metadata Merge Service: Fixed an issue where metadata merge failed for metadata definitions containing a taxonomy-backed field.
- Flex Metadata Merge Service: Fixed an issue where, after a metadata merge, the metadata definition ID was not updated.
- Flex Stream Processor Service: Fixed an issue where Flex Stream Processor could not create HLS packaging.
- Flex Stream Processor Service: Fixed an issue where FSP Transcode & Proxy jobs were failing if audio or video streams were missing.
- Flex Stream Processor Service: Fixed an issue where FSP extract failed when file names included UTF characters.
- Flex Stream Processor Service: Fixed an issue where an import workflow failed with an error related to ffmpeg.
- Flex Stream Processor Service: Fixed an issue where proxy/transcode jobs failed when credentials for the target and source location were not stored in the resource.
- Flex Index Elastic Service: Fixed an issue where an asset did not reindex if a taxonomy structure was present in the metadata schema.
- Flex Search Elastic Service: Fixed an issue where pagination was breaking in Flex Search Elastic Service.
- Flex MAM Application, Flex Search Elastic Service: Fixed an issue where a search in Flex MAM for a valid variant displayed an error.
- Flex Search Elastic Service: Fixed an issue where searching by date in Flex MAM returned incorrect results.
- Flex Search Elastic Service: Fixed an issue where a full text search could not be performed on a taxonomy ID.
- Flex Search Elastic Service: Fixed an issue where sorting by category names failed if a metadata definition contained a field with a similar name.
- Flex Sequence Manifest Service: Fixed an issue where a request for a ``sequencemanifest`` call displayed an error for assets without audio.
- Flex MAM Application: Fixed an issue where UDOs were created in a default workspace, instead of the same workspace as the parent.
- Flex MAM: Fixed an issue where timeline comments could not be played.
- Flex MAM Application, Flex Search Elastic Service: Name search does not work for metadata fields: In Flex MAM, a search for a field name fails if the search includes a field that is a taxonomy variable.
- Flex MAM Application: Sequence building and previewing no longer supported: The "Edit" sequencing features in the Flex MAM application are no longer supported in Flex 7.3.1. New sequence editing capabilities will be introduced in the OoyalaMAM application.
- VFS Sharding: Only folder option can be used For VFS sharding, use the folder option only for the sharded resource. If you specify the path, the resource is treated as unmanaged and is not sharded.
- VFS Sharding: Technical metadata not extracted Technical metadata is not extracted when you run a transcode or proxy action, and the destination folder is sharded.
- Media Analysis Action fails: The Media Analysis Action fails with an incorrect error message that the Variant field is not set.
- Variant Re-Indexing: It is not possible to reindex variants in this release.
Please contact your Ooyala representative for the full upgrade notes, further information about this release, and the complete list of resolved issues.