Dalet is excited to present the release of Dalet Flex 2021.11.0.
This release of Dalet Flex provides the new features, quality and security enhancements, bug fixes, and other changes listed below.
Plugin to launch Amberfin job
A new Flex Amberfin plugin is available to support the latest version of Amberfin and make use of the Flex Job Execution Framework (JEF). This includes a new Amberfin Resource and a new Launch Amberfin Job action plugin. The Flex integration supports intelligent retry capability, ability to cancel, restart, and monitor progress of Amberfin workflows, capture Amberfin results as a Flex workflow variable and import of new media assets generated by Amberfin. FILE and S3 locations are supported.
Export search results to CSV
A button to export the current search results to a CSV file that can be downloaded to the user’s browser has been added to FlexMAM. Users can choose to export the current page of results or set a custom number of results up to 500.
NOTE: Only the Flex default columns are exported as part of this release. Column templates will apply to the exported CSV in a future release.
Add tags to assets and UDOs in FlexMAM
You can use tags to annotate assets and UDOs directly in FlexMAM. You can apply existing tags or add new tags to any asset or UDO in the Details tab of the Preview Panel or Manage Page. From this release, Tags can be added to media, image, group, UDOs, and package assets of all types. You cannot add tags to a collection.
Search results table settings
To streamline the interface in FlexMAM, all settings and actions that can be performed on the Search Results table, have been grouped in a single icon :
- Table view/Tile view
- Manage templates
- Export search results
- Enable/Disable content recommendations
Clicking on a keyframe image in the keyframe tab moves the playhead in the player
You can click on a keyframe image in the keyframe tab in Preview Panel/Manage Page to jump the playhead in the Player to the timecode where the image was extracted. When jumping, the Player does not change its state in term of playback, if it was playing, it continues to play, if it was not playing, it remains not playing.
Loading a sequence in the Manage Page
From Dalet Flex 2021.8.0, you can search for sequences that you have created and saved. From this release, you can double click on a sequence in the Search Results table to open in it in the Manage Page. The clips in the sequence are loaded in the Timeline and can be previewed.
Fixed Issues DaletFlex
- Fixed an issue where Timed Actions were failing to run post upgrade
- Update variable key for child workflow status being reported to parent workflow
- Allow /mnt/operation in legacy script operations and support Consul overrides
- When parsing extracted timecode string, extracted timecode hours are wrapped to 24 hour period if hours in hh:mm:ss:ff is greater than 99
- Support for pass-through source DAR output profile implemented
- Update Operations Dashboard logo to latest Dalet one
- Children endpoint for UDO respects user's workspace permissions
- Support for audio-only assets through the Start Session action for review added
- Allow playback of audio-only assets in reviewer
- JEF LaunchAmberfinJob: S3 input/output support added including Amberfin Secret Workflow Variables
- Allow user group roles to be changed without disabling the group
- Stream context code for Flex Enterprise, Flex FastObject Service, Flex Library and Flex Transcode have been aligned.
- Metrics for the Workflow Quota
- Ability to report back the status of a child workflow to a parent workflow added. The variable passed to the parent workflow is child-workflow:<workflowId>: completed/failed and the value is the final end node name where the workflow completed/failed.
- Support ACL to UDO and Parent - Child behaviour with ACL
- Upgrading Flex Access tokens, Refresh Tokens, Cookies and Sessions to improve security
- Amberfin integration - JEF plugin
- Improved Sequences Management (Save/Load/Export)
- Account usage metering and reporting
- LaunchAmberfinJob, ImportEdit, ExportEdit: JEF Release scope mode
- Add support to be able to mark plugins as obsolete
- Session token upgrade: change the (existing, Java) Login App to create new sessions according to the new model
- Session token upgrade: new functionality in NodeJS Service Support library
- Session token upgrade: new functionality in Java AuthorizationProvider library
- Add tooling to generate new-style tokens (auth, refresh, enclosing session) in NodeJS Service Support library
- Add asset to UDO via API endpoint
- JEF Import Edit: import asset with reconciliation II
- JEF Import Edit: import asset with reconciliation based on (path) and names: create Placeholder
- JEF LaunchAmberfinJob: idempotency and intelligent retry
- JEF Import Edit: import asset with reconciliation based on (path) and names
- JEF Export Edit: existing Flex Edit (aaf, fcpxml) with referenced sources
Fixed Issues DaletFlex
- Live Assets are not shown in search listing
- Fixed an issue where the RedisTokenPersistence implementation brings down applications using it
- Fixed an issue where logging levels for Java edge applications cannot be set via the Admin App by updating security rules in the Login Spring Provider library
- Fixed an issue where the Task : <Finish & Quit> button is not working
- Enhance script security around filesystem read/write
- Fixed an issue in JEF Amberfin. A proper validation message (instead of a null pointer exception) is now displayed when Amberfin Node Output and Storage Output are not configured.
- Fixed an issue when it was not possible to search Image sequences, AS02 from Enterprise and FMP
- Fixed an issue where copy file from AWS bucket to Alicloud bucket works but job fails because it looks at the wrong path
- Fixed an issue where a UDO icon is not accessible because a user does not have access on the UDOT
- Fixed an issue where UTC characters entered UTC characters in an input field via api post request gets encoded on save
- Migration: Modified variable comment migration to handle variable comments with empty metadata instance
- Value suggestions cannot work for many object types
- Fixed an issue in FMPE that caused issues when previewing proxy on frames package
- Fixed an issue where black bars are added when transcoding a file with PAR 59/54
- Fixed an issue where user permissions are not applied and data is saved even though the user does not have edit permissions
- Verify - Allow audio-only assets through the Start Session action in a review
- Jump to timecode when clicking keyframe image in Preview Panel and Manage Page
- Add context param for udot icons api endpoint
- Search - group search table actions
- Object tag level Support
- Disable download icon for image sequence asset
- Export search results to CSV
- Time display uses the user timezone set in user profile. If there is no timezone value, UTC timezone is used.
- Update search request with the timezone defined in the user profile
- Reload sequence - Sequence management
Fixed Issues FlexMAM
- [Object Object] displayed instead of the clip bin name in bulk panel
- Select marker template dropdown is not available on marker tab on summary panel and manage page
- Marker view icon should remain disabled when user is on tile view AND tile view icon should remain disable when user is in marker view listing
- Search icon not displayed for any searchable variable in metadata
- Sequence creation has stopped working
- Shared searches list doesn’t show searches shared to me
- Clips created inside clipbin are not added to sequence automatically
- Metadata tab displayed twice for sequence asset
- When user click on any item on left panel in FMP then selected item should be focused
- Fixed an issue where Keyframe uploads fail in MAM for files close to 1MB in size
- Fixed an issue where Admin app does not open and an Error is displayed
- Fixed an issue where button names were missing and code was displayed in the UI
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to download Extracted key frame
- Fixed an issue where Task sorting options were not persisting sorting option
- Relationship-Children tab doesn’t load data on summary panel and manage page for group asset