Ooyala is excited to present the June 2020 release of Ooyala Flex Media Platform, 2020.6.0.
This release of Ooyala Flex Media Platform provides the new features, quality and security enhancements, bug fixes, and other changes listed below.
Flex 2020.6.0 is an LTS (Long Term Supported) release track and will receive both critical bug fix updates and security updates until it reaches end-of-life.
Direct Proxy Playback from Amazon S3 bucket
With this release we are introducing the ability to play progressive MP4 and HLS proxies directly from S3 buckets through AWS CloudFront as the CDN.
Playing back proxies from the CDN gives the benefit of slightly cheaper egress costs and reduced time to first frame in the player. Future releases will add support for MPEG-DASH playback, Google CDN, and Azure. Direct proxy playback is currently enabled through a set of Consul KVs that instruct the the Flex Video Proxy Service from the specified CloudFront endpoint - in the future this configuration will be stored as a Flex CDN resource. Playback uses signed cookies that have a limited duration and require proper CORS policies to be set on the S3 bucket containing the proxy assets.
Adobe Premiere Plugin Application
A new version of the Adobe Premiere Panel application is available with this release. To use the panel, Adobe Premiere clients need to upgrade the ZXP (Adobe Zip Format Extension Package) to version 1.0.15.
The new ZXP is available here.
- Flex Enterprise – The Flex base containers have been updated to support the import of internal CA certificates.
- Flex Enterprise - An issue has been resolved which caused keyframes extracted within the Flex MAM Application and OoyalaMAM application user interfaces to not be frame accurate or return the expected keyframe.
- Flex Enterprise – An issue has been resolved that meant it was not possible to update User Metadata via Groovy Scripts.
- Flex Enterprise – Within Flex Enterprise, metadata fields that contain HTML line breaks are now rendered. This capability had been removed in the Flex 2019.12.x release.
- Flex Enterprise - Closing video and audio HTML tags now persist when using the API, as they had been aggressively filtered in the Flex 2019.12.x release.
- Flex Enterprise – Improvements have been made to now close Groovy class loader when it is reset, to improve reliability.
- Flex Enterprise - Groovy Security Interceptor is now unregistered on error, to improve reliability and mitigate Stack Overflows which resulted in Failing Jobs.
- Flex Enterprise – The Facebook Publish action has been updated to remove permissions deprecated by Facebook and introduce new permissions as documented in https://developers.facebook.com/docs/pages/overview-1#permissions.
- Flex Enterprise – Resolved an issue that limited the adding of multiple child assets to a UDO when using Google Cloud Storage (“GCS”).
- Flex Enterprise – The objectTypeName field has been removed from being concatenated with objectName in Dropdown lists.
- Flex Authentication Service – Changes have been made in the Authenticate service to improve reliability and resolve an issue whereby the flex-panels-app sometimes threw an HTTP 500 error, or the error appeared after login expired.
- Flex Metadata Arango Import - The MySQL to ArangoDB Metadata migration scripts have been updated to handle Metadata Definitions having complex and option-child variables with same name, which previously resulted in the option-child instead of complex being returned when trying to fetch complex variable by name.
- Flex Data Aggregation Service – Debugging within the service has been improved to resolve an issue which resulted in Flex Jobs failing exactly at 2-seconds past the hour or half-hour.
- Flex REST API – Resolved an issue which caused a 500 HTTP Internal Server error response in the API when retrieving an asset by "audioCodec".
- Introduced Multiple CDN support within the Publish Indexer Service, and introduced support for the JEF Publish Action within the Reviewer Start Session Action, to enable the Reviewer Application to be utilised upon Azure Blob Storage (“AZBS”).
- Auto-Retry does not work on Import Actions due to transaction roll-back since migration to Wildfly. This is resolved in the Flex 2020.6.2 release.
Please contact your Dalet Ooyala representative for the full upgrade notes, further information about this release, and the complete list of resolved issues.