Ooyala is excited to present the September 2020 release of OoyalaMAM, 2020.9.0. This release provides the new features, quality enhancements, fixes, and other changes listed below.
Package Asset Support
OoyalaMAM now supports IMF, AS02, and DPX package assets
Users can now explore the contents of a package and preview versions such as CPLs and associated essence files. This includes the ability to TAR an image sequence and store preview representation. Users can also quickly and intuitively search against any metadata to surface content from large libraries.
Audio Player Support
OoyalaMAM now supports audio assets
Audio assets can be managed in the same way as other media assets including the following functionality:
- Filter and search for audio only assets
- Add to collections
- Launch workflows, wizards and any other actions configured in the system
Users can now search and preview audio only assets with an optimised player including the ability to:
- preview the asset waveform with tracking of playback progress
- switch between available audio tracks (where multiple exist)
- preview available CC on the canvas for audio description or transcription
- Upload a thumbnail / keyframe image that presents the audio cover image
Text asset and PDF Preview support
Users can now search and filter for document assets and preview PDFs within OoyalaMAM.
- A PDF preview can be triggered from search or as an attachment. The preview allows a user to zoom and pan, rotate, download, highlight and copy content and select active links
Flex Admin App
The Flex Admin App now allows users to manage groups and workspaces
Users can now do the following:
- View and manage group and workspace details
- Create new groups and workspaces
- Update and delete groups and workspaces and their members
- Asset History - A new tab has been added in the asset summary panel and manage page to allow users to view the history of an asset by most recent activity, i.e. changes and actions applied to the asset, the user that made these changes, and when they were made.
- Search - Searches related to user metadata now displays username instead of user ID.
- Collections - Users can now view and manage collection metadata in the collection summary panel.
- Fixed an issue where audio waveforms were no longer working in OoyalaMAM.
- Fixed an issue where core, Flex Transfer, and Wizards could not be accessed due to cookie-related issue.
- Fixed an issue where scroll was not working in Admin App navigation tree.
- Fixed an issue where Collection details\ACL summary panel would not change when users clicked on another collection
- Items cannot be added to an active collection via the manage collection pop-up.
- Clips created from CPL assets are created with a frame rate of 1, and cannot be used to create a sequence.
- Actions performed in the membership tab of package assets do not work.
- Audio track selections from the timeline in a media asset with multiple audio tracks do not sync with audio track selections in the drop down menu, despite the correct audio track playing.
- Audio track drop down menu does not display for assets using MPEG dash.
Please contact your Ooyala representative for the full upgrade notes, further information about this release, and the complete list of resolved issues.