Ooyala is excited to present the August 2020 release of OoyalaMAM, 2020.8.0. This release provides the new features, quality enhancements, fixes, and other changes listed below.
FMP Administration Application
A new application has been introduced for users to perform basic admin functions.
The Administration Application allows authorised users to manage the account and its users. This application is the initial release and will be enhanced continuously to address administrative requirements. The initial functions available include:
- Account settings: Ability to set your account properties and basic theme such as setting the logo that appears in the OoyalaMAM application.
- User Management: Ability to create, manage and remove users from the system. This includes adding and removing users from a user group or workspace.
The Collection experience has been enhanced in OoyalaMAM
- Users can now configure an access control list (ACL) to share their collections with everyone in the account, specific users, or user groups.
- Collections shared with you by other users will now be listed in the toolbar on the left under ‘Shared Collections’.
- Active Collections has now been renamed to Working Collections.
- Selecting a marker in the search results will open the marker tab of the relevant asset and highlight the selected marker.
- Added MPEG-DASH format to Technical Format filter in OoyalaMAM.
- User list is now sorted by username by default.
- Enhanced the experience of configuring Asset access permissions with ACL.
- Resolved an issue where sequence assets sometimes does not reflect the sequence timeline.
- Fixed an issue where creating OoyalaMAM collections with special characters (or an empty name) displays a broken error message.
- Fixed an issue where wizards are not available for sequences after login.
- Fixed an issue where there was a delay in syncing sequence modifications with Flex enterprise.
- Fixed an issue where sequences are not getting played when created from assets with HLS proxy.
- Playing a video in reverse with a selected region, selecting shortcut "p" plays the video at an accelerated speed.
- Extracting keyframes with a shortcut presents some issues.
- Default sorting is removed on page refresh.
- Clips/sequences are not created correctly with the selected audio track.
- Tile templates are not applied when it contains an object variable.
- Table header date filter is not being cleared.
- Template column size does not persist.
- "Locked" checkboxes in the asset details tab are incorrectly filled.
- The users list does not include deleted users.
- Various UI issues in the summary panel.
- Metadata instances are not visible for sub-accounts.
- Enabled column value should not change when user cannot be disabled due to dependencies.
- The Account theme in the admin app displays base64 string instead of allowing direct logo upload.
Please contact your Ooyala representative for the full upgrade notes, further information about this release, and the complete list of resolved issues.